Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can I be notified when jobs are available? How do I update email preferences? Options
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 2:55:23 PM

Groups: Member

In Settings > Email Notification Preferences, you can choose to receive email updates about new jobs that have been posted.

Other job-related emails (messages from clients, direct assignment notifications, revision requests, etc.) are required and cannot be turned off.

Choose Writing Jobs or Editing Jobs: You can set different preferences for writing jobs vs. editing jobs. Toggle between the two near the top of the page and click save after changing either one.

Email Frequency: You can choose to receive a daily update email at 9am ET or hourly notifications. Either way, you will only receive these emails when new jobs have been posted.

Only notify me when jobs are posted at a certain pay rate: Use this option to set a minimum pay rate for which you'd like to receive these email notifications. Lower-paying jobs will still show up on your job board, but you will only receive the email notifications if new jobs meet this minimum pay rate.

Note: Don't just wait for emails! — Jobs get posted in real-time, so writers can claim them as soon as they have been posted. This means that you should check the job board whenever you wish, rather than waiting for email notifications. Lots of jobs get claimed within minutes, so you may be missing out on jobs if you rely only on the emails.

I got a job notification, but it's not showing up on my board?
This means that another writer has already claimed the job (or possibly the client canceled the order). See "I received an email about a job, but it's not on my board — what happened?"