Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do I add images to my content? Options
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 3:13:42 PM

Groups: Member

Some clients ask for images to be added to your text. The best way to do this is to use the URL of an online image. If that is not possible, you can send the client the image as a file attachment through the client profile message board. As with any online editor, pasting an image from Word or other software can be difficult. Zerys is not alone in this regard. That's because Word and other software includes some coding around images and special formatting — coding that is specific to that piece of software. We have a "Paste from Word" button in the work screen to help with this, but it can still be tricky to get the image to your client in a usable form. So, it's really best to use an online image whenever possible!
Inserting Images Found Online
This typically means that the client wants you to find free-use images available online. You can add the image to your content in Zerys by obtaining the URL of the image and inserting it into the text. In the work screen, there is a tool for adding images. Click the button for the mountain landscape icon (Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/OGVbSET1e282)
This will open a dialog window where you can paste in the URL (Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/aa9faMRiqiL)
Note: This only works if you paste in a URL of a specific image. It will not work if you enter the URL of a page where the image appears, or if you paste in the location of an image saved to your personal computer (e.g. "C:\Users\Joe\..."). To obtain the image URL, you can right-click the image found online and view the image in a new tab/window, then copy the URL from the browser's address bar. Some image library sites might disable the right-click option, but have another method of obtaining the permanent URL. How do I add an image from my computer? If you have created the image yourself or have it on your computer, but it is not available online, then pasting it into an online editor like Zerys is not really a good option. Your client may have trouble obtaining and formatting the image on their end. The best option in this case is to send the client an attached file. Click on the client ID to open the client profile, and use the "Attach File" button on the profile message board.