Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How long do I have to claim direct assignments? Options
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:03:44 PM

Groups: Member

When a client direct assigns you a job, you get a window of time to decide whether to accept the order. The accept deadline is always at 2pm ET, at least 2 days after the client has sent you the assignment. For example, if the direct assignment is sent at 4pm ET on the 1st, the accept deadline will be 2pm ET on the 4th. The exact time and day are listed on your “Pending My Acceptance” screen.

The listed writing deadline clock will start ticking when you accept a direct assignment. So, if you receive a number of direct assignments at once, you can accept some immediately and accept others later, to help stagger your deadlines.
If a direct assignment disappears before the accept deadline, it means that the client canceled the order.

Nancy M-49020
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:30:50 PM

I'd like to chime in. I have some clients who assume I am going to accept the jobs as soon as they send them and when I don't, they message asking me if I'm going to take them. It's a little extra work, but if I'm going to wait a day or more to accept them, I let the client know. Most are fine with it, but last week I almost lost one because the client wrote back and said she needed it immediately and would give it to someone else if I was Obviously, I squeezed it in, because my goal is to make the client happy. :)
Teresa-569
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:58:06 PM

Received a direct assignment a few hours ago, now it has disappeared although I had until 6/30 to accept? Has anyone experienced this, and what could have happened? Don't find it in the "Cancelled" section, either!! I'm at a total loss here :)
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:01:46 PM

Hi Teresa, that means the client must have pulled back the order. It would not appear in your canceled folder if it was never put in progress. You can submit a support ticket with details about the client and title and I can see if there is any more info I can provide. Thanks.
Christine-51757
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:29:32 PM

I have a client who expects me to accept right away as well. So, when I have assignments from them, I try to accept and then ask for extra time if I'm busy and know I can't get to them all at once. A really nice client of mine staggers the deadline so I accept them all but I don't have to worry about doing them all at once. Clients are strange animals sometimes! 
Nancy M-49020
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:01:20 AM

Yes, Christine, I have 2 clients who also stagger for me - it's awesome!
Vickie-18147
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2016 10:34:35 AM

I have a client that does that as well. Makes things a lot easier without the stress of having to get them all done at the same date and time. Much appreciated.