Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My job board has few or no jobs; what do I do? Options
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:10:03 PM

Groups: Member

All writers see a different number of jobs on their job boards. If you want to see more assignments on your New Clients Job Board, here are the best things to do: 

• Stay active: Log in regularly and go to the Job Board screens - just logging in or just checking the email notifications is not enough to keep you at an active status. There are other things that can keep your activity score up once you have taken jobs but this is a minimum requirement to be considered active in our system.
Complete more jobs: Sometimes clients make their jobs available at first to writers who have completed a certain number of jobs. Take whatever jobs you are comfortable and confident writing, and start building up those stats! 
• Increase your star rating: Do your best work on every job and communicate with your clients about their needs and expectations. Completing jobs is the best way to increase this rating, along with avoiding missed deadlines and cancellations.

My Clients Job Board 
The My Clients Job Board is where clients post jobs to all of their favorite writers. If you don't see many jobs on this board, it means that you should try to get on more favorites lists! If you have been favorited by clients but aren't seeing their jobs on this board, it probably means they prefer to direct assign jobs to specific writers instead. You can feel free to reach out every so often to clients who have added you to their favorites list and let them know you are available for work.

Bottom line: the more you impress clients on the New Clients Job Board to get added as a favorite, the more likely you are to find ongoing work on the My Clients board and by direct assignment.