Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Please pray for our community Options
Georgette-20390
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:37:18 PM

Groups: Member

We were evacuated last night because of fire. Asking everyone to pray for those who lost everything.
David-33962
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 3:44:40 AM

Hope everyone is OK.
Carrie-14778
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 9:15:14 AM

Hey Georgette!

You are certainly in my thoughts and meditations, and I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well - and that your house is still standing. Evacuating seems like such a very scary "never think it will happen to you" kind of event. It must be surreal.

[  ----  ]

MUCH love to you, your family and your community!! Keep us posted on how you are doing...

xo,

-C
Georgette-20390
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 9:30:53 PM

David, yes... we were alright, and mercifully, so was our home. We were very fortunate; the fire stopped about 300 ft from the cabin, but burned some of the property (trees only). The fire marshal told my husband that if it hadn't started raining at 10:30 that night, all of our end of town would've been gone. We feel so grateful.   

Carrie, thank you so much! I really appreciate that! In fact, I've just been overwhelmed with the number of people who've been expressing their love and concern. Although we were OK, some friends of ours lost everything and I think the latest counts are 14,000 displaced residents and 13 people who lost their lives. Our community is a very close knit one... it's been very upsetting. 

The support from other areas (both responders and donations), and just about everyone who lives here who wasn't effected has been awesome. There were donations coming in that night, and the city had set up relief centers before any state or federal assistance even had time to get here. We sat in line to drop off stuff for like an hour after we knew our house was spared--there were that many people there to donate. 

If anyone has the chance to come down to visit these beautiful, beloved mountains of my home, please do. They aren't completely destroyed (only about 20K acres :( and they still retain their incredible peace... despite the destruction. 

Carrie-14778
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:11:04 PM

Does this mean you've donated a portion of your beloved shoe and boot collection ??

ha ha ha.
David-33962
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:59:20 AM

Sounds absolutely terrifying. Thirteen people dead is way too many. Very tragic. Once again, I'm glad that you have come out of this relatively unscathed, and very sorry for those who unfortunately weren't so lucky and those who have suffered material loss.
Georgette-20390
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:35:23 AM

Carrie-14778 wrote:
Does this mean you've donated a portion of your beloved shoe and boot collection ??

ha ha ha.

:D Well... shoes were the first things I thought of, yes. But, I have a weirdness about sharing shoes or hats... too personal. So we sent new ones! 

BTW... I hope you and your little one have a blessed holiday, Carrie! 
maria-23158
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2016 9:00:17 AM

I'm really, really sorry that you had to go through all these. :( It seems life has many ways of testing us all. I'm glad that you and your family are safe. Take care and all the best!! :)
Georgette-20390
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:32:35 AM

maria-23158 wrote:
I'm really, really sorry that you had to go through all these. :( It seems life has many ways of testing us all. I'm glad that you and your family are safe. Take care and all the best!! :)

Thank you, Maria! I've missed you and hope that you're still doing good. With all the stuff going on, I haven't had a whole lot of free time to email, but you're frequently in my thoughts. :) I hope you have a splendid holiday season, filled with happiness, love, and joy!