Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

H2 Subheading Issue Options
anton-65752
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:49:12 AM

Groups: Member

Hello, I just need a little help with this. I've been having trouble with headings or headers. How do I increase the size of subheadings? It won't work for some reason. And how do you hyperlink a word? Not the entire website hyperlink, just a certain word? Really appreciate any advice.
Carrie-14778
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:13:54 AM

Hi, Anton.

First, are you using Firefox or Chrome? Because these are the best browsers for Zerys. Things can be a little wonky or they can just flat out "not work" if you are using a different browser.

Assuming you ARE using Firefox or Chrome: you should be able to change the headings using the text formatting box. There is the "Styles" drop-down box and then directly to the right of the is the heading drop-down box that is automatically set with "Normal" in the window. If all is working well, you should be able to select the line you want to format, click on "normal" and then drop down to select "Heading 2" or "Heading 4" or whatever.

If that isn't working, you should submit a ticket to the tech support and they'll fix it for you.

As for single word hyperlinking, it works the same way as it does to link a phrase. Select the word, then select the Hyperlink Symbol in the text formatting box (looks like a sideways 8) and then go from there. Again, if that isn't working, you may just have a glitch that needs to be fixed by the tech team. They are great and always respond quickly.

Good luck!
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:51:05 AM

Thanks, Carrie!

About browsers — Firefox, Chrome and Safari are the browsers that we support. We do not support IE or Edge, and I've heard of the hyperlinking tool not functioning well in those browsers.

Anton, Carrie's explanations sound good to me. Let us know if you have any follow up questions. In general, it's good to find out if the client likes Header 1, Header 2, or Header 3 for different purposes. But you don't necessarily need to get it to look like the perfect size, font, and color of their website — if the formatting is basically correct and you have the H1/H2/H3 headers in there, it should work well for the clients. Thanks!
anton-65752
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 2:50:43 AM

Thanks a lot Carrie and Johnny. Sorry for the late response back and I am running IE. That's got to be the reason. This client I'm working with wants the subheadings bigger than normal. The client also has about 80 jobs on the table as well, but I'll try another browser...Thanks again